How To Care For Your Period Underwear
Hand wash your period underwear before the first ever use, in order to get the best absorption result.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS IN 4 STEPS:
Our Period Panties are washable & therefore reusable. To keep your panties in use for as long as possible, we recommend you to get acquainted with our wash care instructions; they are easy and swift to apply.
1. Hand rinse; after use, you should hand rinse in cold water before washing them by hand or in the washing machine.
2. Machine wash; you can wash the panties in the washing machine at 40c, together with similar coloured laundry.
3. Air dry; do not tumble dry, but stick to air drying instead.
4. Ready for re-use.
MORE ON WASH CARE:
- After the first wash, you can wash at preferably 40 degrees machine wash, but can also go to 60 degrees, preferably in a wash bag to prolong longevity.
- Take note, that when washing at 60 degrees or higher, the panties will last a shorter amount of time due to the heat damage to the fibers.
- Do not use softeners or bleach to wash your panties, as it spoils the fibers in the fabric.
- Do not tumble dry your panties, rather stick to drying them in fresh air instead.
SHOULD I USE A WASH BAG WHEN WASHING MY PERIOD UNDERWEAR?
By using a wash bag when washing your delicates, you will protect the items from the throws of the machine cycle, from snagging, fraying and tangling in the machine. The bag will also create a safe barrier between your delicates and other more rough garments, which could potentially damage your delicate clothing.
Remember not to stuff the bag until it is entirely full. The items in the bag should have room to move around so that water and soap can get between them and wash the garments clean.
HOW SHOULD I DRY MY PERIOD PANTIES?
To extend the life of your period underwear pieces, never iron nor put the pieces in the dryer. This can cause them to shrivel, peel and potentially disfigure the shape of the natural fabric fibers as well as damage the inner leak-proof layer.
Most of us are used to drying our underwear on a clothesline or stand. Its so quick and easy to do. However, by hanging your underwear pieces in this way, you are potentially creating stretch in the fabric and deconstructing the fibers in the material.
Over time, density can pull down the elasticity of the fabrics and may change the shape of your pieces so they won’t fit optimally or will have bumps or lines in the fabric.
This is especially applicable to the Beech wood fabric Lenzing Modal, as it is a slightly heavier fabric.
We would instead recommend you treat your underwear with a bit of extra Tender Loving Care and lay them flat on a towel to dry. In this way they will maintain their shape and will keep the fabric well-fitted.
HOW LONG CAN I WEAR THEM FOR?
This depends on your flow and the selected styles absorbency level. For many a High Absorbency pair can last more than 6-8 hours.
We recommend trying your new period panties at home for the firs time, so that you get a sense of how it feels and what works the best for You.
For most women they get a very clear picture just after those first hours of wearing the panties.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY PERIOD PANTIES?
We recommend wearing the panties up to 8 hours in a row, before changing and washing them, although they can be worn max. 12 hours.
It all depends on each woman’s preference and level of period flow, but we recommend using min. 3 pairs for the day; one pair in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and then changing to a pair at night.
A marker for whether the panties are full, is if the outer seam gets wet, but you will find your own rhythm and timing for when to change once you get in the flo' 😉